Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week Three

OI! I'm officially on week 3! Time actually flies really fast here! The days are super long but the weeks go by so fast. I'm enjoying it. This week has been really good. We've been practicing our Portuguese a lot. I really like teaching. I don't even take notes in with me any more. My Portuguese may be very broken but the fact that I can teach with my companion for about an hour in a whole other language and understand everything they say after only 2 weeks is amazing! It's been snowing a lot this week too - ugh. My favorite part about Sunday is either our walk outside or Sunday Night Devotional. Dinner on Sunday was super good though; I had shrimp. :) Monday was just a normal day of classes. Tuesday was too and for Night Devotional our district got to be ushers so that was pretty fun. I looked all official with my usher badge on. Wednesday new missionaries arrived! Where my classroom is located, we have a perfect view of where the missionaries get dropped off so we were looking out the window and watching. We decided to take our district unity up a notch by not only just matching color ties, but by tying them a certain way. lol you'll get a kick out of the picture. We wore them like that all day until dinner when some guy told us it was a funny idea but we needed to retie them. Friday was interesting because we had another English Fast again - those are kind of hard but really fun! My Portuguese is improving quite a lot! We sit in language classes like all day every day so you can see how it's so easy to pick up on it so fast. My brain hurts though, I've learned more in just two weeks than I ever have in my whole life, hahaha. Last night we also did TRC (Training Resource Center - I think) which is where they have volunteers who come in that speak the language and we have to teach them. It was crazy because they speak so fast! But its even crazier because I was able to understand the majority of what they were saying and they could understand me! I'm so happy that I get to do a foreign language - yeah it's way hard but it's so cool! Last night I had one of the most spiritual moments of my life. Irmao Pinho was trying to get us to realize how important it is to serve. We broke down the scripture in Moroni 10:3 and there's a part where it says something like "I would exhort you to remember how merciful the Lord hath been..." and so we spent time thinking of all the blessings in our life. Not going to lie, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. It was just an amazing experience - a real eye opener. You know, I've been blessed beyond belief in life. I've been given such a wonderful life. I have the opportunity to exercise the Atonement in my life because of the sacrifice that Christ made for us all. There's no way that I could every repay any of it but all that is asked is to serve others and live a Christ-like life. My teachers keep getting me excited for Brazil! The people down there seem so nice and so loving! The food sounds so good! Apparently where I'm going has the best churrasca in all of Brazil! Hope all is well! Eu tenho muito amor por voces!






No comments:

Post a Comment