Thursday, April 24, 2014

Esta semana

Well this week was a roller coaster for me. Tuesday was my 3 month mark on the mission and I celebrated it by laying in bed all day because I was sick :( I woke up with one of the worst migraines in my life and felt like I was going to throw up every time I moved. I felt awful all day and had to take everything very slowly because my stomach was very weak. While I was laying in bed during the day, Elder Jackson decided to renovate the house for us since there's just 2 of us now and bah, its a lot more homey now - its actually clean! (something rare for a missionary home). We made a ghetto ping pong table! I was sick for the next two days as well which was a real struggle for me because I just laid in bed all day and of course my only thoughts were of home and how badly I wanted to be in the comfort of my home. But I had a rather cool experience when Elder Jackson was giving me a blessing where I literally felt someone patting me on the shoulder during the blessing when he spoke of how my family is thinking of me and I'm always in their prayers - it was cool because I could still feel both his hands on top of my head when I felt someone patting me on the shoulder. One of the biggest things I'm learning out here is that you've gotta go through hard things in life in order to get anything out of it.

Friday and Saturday were great days! I had full health again and a strong motivation to finally get out of the house and work! We taught a pretty powerful lesson to a new investigator. We taught of the importance of baptism and invited him - he accepted! YEAH! I know he's being sincere because he's literally one of the funniest people I've ever met but when we were teaching, you could see the change in personality and tell that he was being serious about it. We also met a new investigator who has been taking the missionary lessons for a while but it hasn't really clicked with him yet because he hasn't been able to have a strong relationship with any missionary and get that trust he needs - I changed that the moment I walked in the house and saw that he had a drum set! Yep, he likes us. It was pretty sweet bangin' on the drums on the mish. 


Funny story: So one of our appointments was a good hour or so walk from where we were and it was super hot so while we were walking. We were talking about how it'd be a miracle if someone gave us a ride. Right as we said that, a tractor passed us and offered us a ride. Yep, two missionaries cruisin' up the street on the back of a tractor. Then, when we needed to go on a different road, we hopped off and started walking. About 5 minutes later, a truck passed so I stuck out my thumb and scored us a ride in the back! WOO! Hitchhiking isn't only useful in Rexburg! Saturday was all service. We played with chainsaws. :) We cut some trees for some families which was really good. I love the feeling you get after doing service. We got to spend the whole day in normal clothes just helping people - good stuff. Sunday was stressful - we had 9 investigators in church! It was hard having to run around and talk to everyone especially since I don't speak the language well but overall it was a good experience for everyone! After church, we didn't do much because everyone was busy with family so we just headed to one of our favorite members houses and had Easter Sunday with them! It's been an interesting week. I'm glad I made it through. I'm glad I receive the strength each and every day to make it through.

P.S. - I have officially eaten the weirdest thing in my life and you're not going to believe what it is -- rat. Gross!









No comments:

Post a Comment