Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Winter!

Another week down here in Águas Claras, Brasil: DONE. This week went pretty good but I'm literally dead. We've been working our butts off. Thank goodness for P-Day. I rolled out of bed (not the best idea because I sleep on the top bunk) and read the New Testament for 2 hours and then jumped right back in bed for a good 4 hour nap! I still don't feel fully recovered from this week. We've been working hard. Our goal for the month of June is to hit the standards of excellence twice in the month because it's really hard to do and if you can you get a super spiffy certificate from President! So this past week we've been getting everything set up so that we can hit those numbers! The highlight of the week was going to the Porto Alegre Temple!! Not going to lie, I felt pretty comfortable going through a session in Portuguese - wasn't too hard! I love being in the temple. What a blessing it is to have Houses of God here on the earth that we can enter and feel His spirit so strongly. I felt a lot of peace there. It was like a recharge for my spiritual battery. The temple grounds are SO sweet! It's probably the nicest piece of property here in Rio Grande do Sul. Other highlight of the week was when we discovered that when you pour salt on a snail, they foam up and explode. But yeah, other than that... all is well!  Wish me luck in this cold! I'm currently wearing my Columbia fleece jacket and a sweater under! BRRRR. Tchau!





No comments:

Post a Comment