Monday, September 22, 2014

Bringing Brazil the Truth one transfer at a time!

E aí! Another transfer done! News: looks like Elder Nelson is leaving the area and I'll be getting my first Brazilian companion! This transfer seriously flewwwwww! Time is going so fast. I miss everyone SO much but I'm trying to not let that get in the way of me enjoying this very short period of time in my life.  

So this week was an awesome last week of the transfer because we were able to assist two special people with the sacred ordinance of baptism!! I've had the privilege of getting to know lots of people out here and help a good amount get baptized but these two and their family are different - they're SUPER awesome and I have a special bond with them! I know the ward was happy too because it's been 9 months since the last baptism here!  So that all went down on Saturday.  The rest of the week was filled with preparing for the baptism and other lessons. Elder Nelson and I started a DEEP study of the Book of Mormon. We found a bunch of study manuals in the house and started getting deep into the history, doctrine, etc.! All this studying has honestly strengthened my testimony of the truthfulness of that book! 

Saturday was a holiday here. It was like the 4th of July for Rio Grande do Sul, or in other words, Gaucho Day! We scored a churrasco! I ate soooo much... But it's all good because I'm not getting fat here because of all the walking! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment