Monday, October 6, 2014

SUPER CHARGED!!

General Conference: 2 down, 2 to go! Woo! What a great weekend of having my spiritual battery SUPER CHARGED! It's crazy to think of how fast these past 6 months passed. I was watching conference in the same exact chapel 6 months ago, barely understanding a thing they were saying. It's cool to see how fast my progress with the language is going. I thought it was awesome that a Brazilian gave his talk in Portuguese! You all got a taste of how I felt at the beginning of my mission, although I didn't have subtitles to read the whole time and he actually spoke at a pretty slow speed compared to how the people in the south speak.

This week flew by. I honestly can't remember much of what happened because in comparison with conference, my week was just the usual. Oh, I came down with a cold this week. It was strange because along with a super runny nose and constant sneezing, my right ear clogged up and I was more or less deaf in that ear for like 3 days. But it's all good because I got some awesome medicine that you put little drops in your ear and it literally dissolves the earwax and you can hear it eating away at the wax the whole time - cool stuff.

Enjoy some pics of me keeping mine and Dad's tradition alive by getting burgers and ice cream at conference. It's a tradition that we've done for as long as I can remember.  I've been going to the priesthood session with Dad wayyyyy before I was 12 and we would always go get Cold Stone after! Recently, he and I added the burger part before conference. 

For my P-Day lunch today, I made ghetto nachos using ground beef, Taco Bell taco seasoning, and Doritos!

Love you all! I hope everyone else got a good charge out of conference like I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment