Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Oh the weather outside is frightful. It's like a FIRE and it ain't delightful​!!

Well this week went super fast! Kinda like this transfer... kinda like his year.  They say that time flies when you're having fun. However, when you're workin' hard, time ZOOMS!

This week was filled with scorching heat, a trip to the temple, churrasco, attempting to catch a rat, and my area's version of "cirque du soleil".

I started listening to Christmas music this week to get into the Christmas spirit, but, due to the heat, I changed the lyrics to the song "Let It Snow" to "Oh the weather outside is frightful. It's like a FIRE and it ain't delightful!" Yep, another week of walkin', sweatin', and dyin' in Brazil's summer sun.

Wednesday we had the opportunity to visit the temple which was awesome as usual - not only because of the cool air conditioning but because of the amazing spirit felt inside the House of the Lord. 





We scored two churrascos this week! It's a good thing if we get one a week but we lucked out with two this week. Leila's family spoiled us as usual :D and our ward mission leader threw us a little party to give us a break from the heat and intense work us 4 elders have been throwing down here in Montanha. 

Yep, it's true, my worst nightmare came to life this week. We have a rat in our house.  I'm not sure if it's a little house rat or more of a cat/rat.  It knocked over the trash can and pulled out all the garbage, pushed a pan off the stove and ate part of the cake we made, and ripped open my bread and ate a corner. We bought some killer rat traps but he's a clever little demon and hasn't fallen for em yet. 

Haha, so we were walking the other day and found some circus tent thing set up and I started joking like "hey, cirque du soleil came to Brazil!" since you guys got to go a few weeks ago. It's not as fancy as the one y'all had ;)


But yeah, that's about it for my week! One more month till Christmas! Not gonna lie, I'm missing the cold weather, Christmas lights everywhere, and repeated songs on the radio for a month straight; however, I know that what I'm doing is a good thing and that I'll be able to enjoy a good ole American Christmas next year! 

TCHAU! Love you guys. Have a great week. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment