Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Welcome to The Twilight Zone, Elder

Hey guys, sorry for the delay - we were eating lasagna with one of our awesome friends!!

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call THE TWILIGHT ZONE." Why am I quoting The Twiglight Zone you may ask? Because now that I've reached double digits, I have entered a time period on the mission in which another elder and I nicknamed, "The Twilight Zone". I now have a good amount of time on the mission - I'm officially old! However, I still have a loooooong time to go. The twilight zone lasts from having 10 months on the mission to only having 10 months left.

Well, the two newbies arrived this week. It's a greenie training another greenie. One has 3 months and the other has 3 weeks. I'm the oldest in the house! Kinda weird. But it's fun having 4 elders in the house. Pizza and pranks!


This week was a rather eventful week. Full of work, rain (YES!), walking, work, more walking, migraines and puking because of the heat, and cow tongue.

Aside from me getting trunky due to the fact that my bro Jason (former Elder Miller) finished his mission in Mexico (CONGRATS!!!), I had a sad realization this week when our only investigator in church on Sunday was some drunk guy that decided that it'd be cool to check out what goes on in the big Mormon church. It just makes me sad that no matter how hard I work, how much time I dedicate to someone, or amount of hours each week are spent kneeling in prayer, people have their free agency and decide they don't want to be helped. Two years away from home in a foreign country speaking a language that isn't mine is just part of a huge sacrifice us missionaries make. Please keep me in your prayers as well as all those that we teach. We're all needing a little strength.

But aside from that, I'm doing good! Hills and heat all day, every day. Big hug to everyone back home comin at ya from Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil!

Elder Sanok

1 comment: