Monday, December 8, 2014

Hello from Brazil!

I hope you all had a great week! As for me, I'm just trying to survive in this blistering heat!

I had a pretty good first week of December. It's SUPER strange being in 100+ temperatures in December when normally this time of year, it's fixin to snow outside. I'm enjoying the Christmas spirit that's goin on, however it's a little weaker here than it is in the US. I think the biggest Christmas tree I've seen came up to my knee...

We were blessed with 3 churrascos this week! One was a surprise from Leila's family. We went over to their house just to say hey when we started smelling smoke and they told us that the neighbors were just burning trash. When we saw the table full of steak, giant sausages, and chicken, I was like, "this aint no trash!!!" We made a churrasco at our house one night and for lunch yesterday, churrasco to break the fast! :D Churrasco is the best thing about Rio Grande do Sul. Y'all are gonna love it when you try it!
  

On Thursday, we had Distrito Amigo in our area which is when everyone in the district goes to one area to work for the day. Without thinking, we sent elders to all of our investigators and to the best places to knock doors and we were left with pretty much nothing to do so we decided to go make snickerdoodle cookies at Leila's. I came home with a stomachache because I ate so much. It's not every day that I get to eat my favorite cookie in Brazil.
    


Today, to do something a little different for P-Day, we got up early to go to a state park. There wasn't much to do but it was nice to escape being in the city and get out into nature. We found a lake which was cool. 
     





Btw, the church is currently doing a real cool project called 'He is the present'. We have little pass along cards that we share with everyone. During this time of the year, we often get so overwhelmed with what types of things we're gonna buy for someone or what we want when we forget about the biggest present of all that we already have, our Savior and Redeemer. Check out the video on Christmas.Mormon.org :D

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment