Monday, December 22, 2014

I Won't Be Home For Christmas

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS! almost... How y'all doin? I hope that everyone is feeling the Christmas spirit and making the most out of this time of the year. As they say, "it's the most wonderful time of the year!" I agree with that statement because this week is gonna be filled with skype and churrasco!!!

This past week was crazy busy. I'm enoying my new area, São Tomé. I mean, it's pretty much the same thing as my last area because it's only 15 minutes away but it's filled with awesome people.   
   



On Tuesday, I made the long journey here. One of my faixas (homies) from Montanha drove me to the new house and on the way he pulled off to the side of the road and bought me a giant watermelon as a gift! :D 
   

The new house is pretty fancy. It's an apartment on top of a super nice grocery store and is way huge. We live with two elders from another area - a Utahan and an elder from Cape Verde (Africa). However, they're not the elders that work in our same ward. In our ward, we're working with two Americans - one that has one more transfer and one who is fresh out of the MTC.

Wednesday and Thursday were filled with work and getting to know the new area that, surprisingly, is more hilly than Montanha.

Friday was our Christmas Conference where we met up in Porto Alegre with about half the mission. Had a good experience learning a little more about the Book of Mormon, watching musical performances, and feasting on American candies!
   

Saturday we got permission to go to the temple to watch a sealing of a family that my companion worked with in another area. We got there at 8:00 in the morning only to find out that the sealing was scheduled for 12:00 so we were privileged to help in the temple for about 4 hours doing sealings! BAH. Words can't describe how amazing the temple is and the sacred ordinances that take place in there. Let's just say that it was a good day. A very good day. Spritual battery = SUPER CHARGED.

I have a feeling that this transfer is gonna fly by (like all the others...except for my first one) because we're gonna be working so hard!  This is a very special week. Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. I'm a little sad that I'll be spending it on the other side of the world away from family in the burning sun but I know that this is the best gift that I can be giving to my Heavenly Father and my Savior and I know that they'll be blessing me so much for it. This is a pretty big week though because it is marking the middle of my mission. I'll be home for Christmas next year! I love you all and wish you a FELIZ NATAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment