Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Madness or Miracle March?

E AÍ LOVED ONES!  Well, I closed up another transfer this week. ONLY 6 MORE TO GO!!  Looks like I'll be staying here in Fátima Norte with Elder Navarrete for another transfer of hard work and miracles! I'm not sure if I wanna nickname March 'March Madness' or 'Miracle March' but they both mean pretty much the same thing: lots of awesomeness!

Usually I'm feeling pretty dead at the end of the transfer but this time was a little different.  I started something new where I said a special prayer everyday specifically asking for enthusiasm and strength to accomplish what the Lord wanted me to do.  One of the duplas in my district was having a hard time so I gave them this advice and I thought, "hey, I might as well give it a try as well" and it seriously made a huge difference in my attitude and spirit.

Being a missionary is pretty hard but when I look at the big picture I realize that it's actually way cool and I enjoy it. Two years is a pretty long time but it goes by so fast. When else in my life am I gonna have the opportunity to go around all day teaching people about Jesus and how to have a better life? NEVER. That's why I've gotta just learn to love it because it a'
int ever coming back and if I don't make the most out of my time, Imma be super sad one day. 
One of my friends who just finished her mission sent me a super cool quote by Elder Holland this week:

"Anyone who does any kind of missionary work will have occasion to ask, Why is this so hard? Why doesn't it go better? Why can't our success be more rapid? Why aren't there more people joining the church? It is the truth We believe in angels. We trust in miracles. Why don't people just flock to the font? Why isn't the only risk in missionary work that of pneumonia from being soaking wet all day and all night in the baptismal font?

You will have occasion to ask those questions. I have thought about this a great deal. I offer this as my personal feeling. I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be a easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary.

The atonement will carry the missionaries perhaps even more importantly than it will carry the investigators. When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him- the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

The work is going great. Time is flying. Lovin my area. Here's to another week!





Oh, and add this missionary message:

In life we need to step out of our comfort zones. We will never be able to progess or enjoy all that life has to offer if we just sit around relaxed with no worry in the world in our comfort zone. By stepping out of what seems comfotable to us, we will be able to see that we are so much more capable in doing things than we ever imagined. We all know the story in Matthew 14 when the apostle Peter asked the Lord to walk on the water with him. He had to do what? Step out of his boat. Yes, as we know, he started to sink but who was there to catch him and lift him up? As Jesus lifted Peter up out of the water, the winds calmed and the faith of everyone in that scene was increased. It's the same thing with us! God has plans for us but we'll never be able to accomplish them if we don't act! We need to learn that it's gonna be alright to step out of the boat and walk by faith because the Lord is always gonna be there to pick us up when we fall and put us back on course. In order to see the beauties of life, we need to step out of our comfort zones. One thing I've learned out here on the mission is that stepping out of my comfort zone is the first key to happiness and success. It's a lesson that I'm learning on the mission that I will apply for the rest of my life.


Elder Sanok


No comments:

Post a Comment