Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Because He Lives!

My dear brothers and sisters, FELIZ PASCOA! I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday full of chocolate, Jesus, and General Conference! This week was one of those better weeks on the mission that comes every once in a while. I hope that for you all, it was a great week as well!

So the beginning of the week was slow and normal but on Thursday we had Distrito Amigo in our area which is when we take the entire district to our area to work and help us out for the day. We took the district out to our part of the area on the beach which was way cool for everyone. Yes it was a good day in terms of numbers but for me, what made my day was seeing the huge smiles on everyone's faces when we took everyone down to a beautiful part that overlooks the water right as the sun was going down and the sky was an orange and pink color.  
    




General Conference was AWESOME. It's crazy how fast it came and went. ONE MORE to go! I hope all of you were just as spiritually uplifted as I was. After all them talks from the Saturday session on marriage and family, I'm anxious to put what I learned in practice.... 8 more months till the search for the next Mrs. Sanok is on!!! I kept the tradition alive after conference by grabbing some burgers and fries! 
   

Sunday was full of powerful talks on the Atonement, something that I've been gaining much more appreciation for since being out here on my mission. I'll never be able to know what Christ went through and how it must have felt but I've been able to feel a little bit of that sacrifice as I've left my life behind to serve Him for these two years. I'll never be able to pay Him back for what He did for me but I feel that by doing this mission, I'm able to make a small contribution. I know that my Redeemer lives, and because He lives, I am who I am and can be all that I can be. Check out this awesome video that the church put out, "Because He Lives". I promise you that these 2 minutes and 26 seconds are worth your time. http://www.mormon.org/easter

I love you all and I love my Savior!
Have a great week!

Elder Sanok
p.s. I got chocolate and energy drinks for Easter. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment