Monday, April 27, 2015

Come Thou Fount of EVERY Blessing

E aí meus QUERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDOS! Well this week was insanely fast! My new comp is Elder P. Silva from Londrinas, Paraná. He's only been out for about 6 months but he's a super hard worker so we're working hard out here with the citizens of Pelotas.  We've been working super hard in 2 parts of our area, Laranjal (the beach) and Umuharama (a rich neighborhood next to the shopping mall). We had tons of experiences this week as we have been working hard to accomplish a goal of mine and knock every single door in Umuharama during this transfer. We were able to teach a large variety of people, such as a legit hippie, a professional volleyball player, a baptist church pastor, a Japanese family, and a bunch of others.  The mission is great for stuff like this.

As you can see in the pictures, I experimented chimmarrão in an orange (yummmm), saw some cool sunsets, Zona Pelotas is being taken over by sisters, and I had some sweet meditation time on the beach #ReceivingRevelation.
  





I discovered that my biggest "pet peeve" on the mission is when someone interrupts me during the part of the First Vision. I know I shouldn't get mad at people and need to have patience BUT that is prime time for the spirit to testify like crazy and at times it gets cut short because someone wants to ask a question like, "Does it snow a lot where you live?", "Have you ever met a movie star?", or "My pastor speaks in the language of angels. Do you speak in the language of angels too?" Yeah that really bugs me. It happened once this week and I just wasn't havin it so when we got home, I decided to have a spirtual moment to myself and watched "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" to remind myself of how awesome the restoration is without interruptions. I invite all of you to watch it as well and feel the spirit! No matter whether you've seen it a billion times or have never seen it in your life, WATCH IT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVw6PsSinI

On the mission I've been able to see how much I've really been blessed in my life. The other night we got a call from the same elders that passed us a ton of golden references and the elder says, "Elder Sanok, you are the luckiest elder in the world. A family showed up to an activity in our ward tonight and they all want to get baptized. They live in your area." I started laughing because I couldn't believe it. It's not luck, just blessings. God has blessed me in numerous ways throughout my life. I have been blessed with an amazing family and friends, great health, the true and everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ, talents and abilities, and good hair. I pondered a lot about my blessings that night and made a huge list. I invite every single one of you to make lists of the blessings in your life and I promise you that you'll feel happy and see how much our Father in Heaven loves us!
"Come thou fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing thy grace,
Streams of mercy never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise".

God loves you. Jesus loves you. Dan loves you too.

Have a great week or not, the choice is yours!

Elder Sanok



No comments:

Post a Comment