Monday, April 13, 2015

Gambit Style

What's up y'all? Just wanna apologize in advance for not taking any pictures this week... We were super busy and of course when I wanted to take pictures I didn't have my camera.  But I did make a pretty funny video this morning about how to do street contacts with pass-along-cards "Gambit" style. I learned how to throw cards in a really cool way and now there's about 200 Christmas pass-along-cards on the floor in our apartment. Yeah, we get pretty bored on P-Days... (but I forgot my memory card because I didn't have any pics to send...next week!)

This week was mostly spent helping out the district by doing divisions, Distrito Amigo, baptismal interviews, etc. Honestly I feel like we hardly worked in our area because we were so busy running around Pelotas. But the work in our area is going great. We did a fast this week to receive inspiration for our area to see how we can help it progress and we've been inspired to work in certain parts of our area that we haven't before; we'll see how it goes! One thing I've learned on my mission is the importance of following spiritual promptings even when we don't know what the outcome is going to be. We've been prompted to work in a much richer part of our area because we feel like it is what our ward is needing.

Another thing I'm super grateful for is the gift of tongues. It is amazing how fast I have conquered Portuguese and can communicate fluently with the people here. We teach an English class once a week and this week we had a good amount of people that came. It is so cool that I am able to teach my native language in a different language. Not only that, but I am able to understand Spanish now! My companion is from Chile and has been teaching me a few things about Spanish every once in a while. I remember how painful the beginning of my mission was when I was trying to learn Portuguese and I wanted to give up so badly but I am so grateful that I pushed through and gave it my all!

We're now entering the last week of this transfer... The time is going by so fast! I can't believe I'm 8 months away from what seemed like an eternity a while ago. I love you all and pray for you always!

Peace, love, and churrasco,


Elder Sanok

No comments:

Post a Comment