Thursday, May 7, 2015

Being Grateful for What You Have

I'd like to start this week's email off by saying HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SISSY, JACKIE!!!!!!! :D I hope your birthday was filled with cake, pizza, cake, and more cake.

Well this week was pretty crazy for us! We were running all over (once again) doing baptismal interviews, Distrito Amigo, District Breakfast, and the regular visits. I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to like being District Leader because I'm able to help others with their work, progress, and well-being here on the mission.

If there's at least ONE thing I could teach you all this week, it'd be to be grateful for what you have because in a matter of seconds, your shower could explode leaving you to take either a.) freezing cold showers or b.) showers with water warmed up on the stove and splashed on your body with a little metal cup. Yeah, that happened this week. I've been taking showers by warming up a pot of water on the stove and then splashing the water on my body to rinse myself for the past week and as of today we still haven't gotten it fixed (not our fault).

I've been enjoying my study of the Book of Mormon a lot lately as I have been reading in Alma about the missionary experiences that some of my Book of Mormon heroes had. I've also been progressing in the book, Jesus the Christ. Wow-what a book. I've been able to learn about how Jesus was chosen to be our Savior long before the creation of this world and how he came here and lived a perfect life, resisted the worst temptations, was rejected of all men, and suffered and died for us. My love for the Savior has grown a lot here on my mission as I have been able to learn about His life and share His teachings and love with my Gaucho homies all day.

I look forward to our skype call this Sunday!! I can't believe how fast the time is going and that this will be our last time talking face-to-face until the airport!!

As you can see in the pics, last P-Day we met up with some other elders in the zone to play american football! :D 



Lovin' the mission, lovin'
 life, and as always, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Elder Sanok


No comments:

Post a Comment