Monday, May 11, 2015

Caldo Verde Sem Fim :)

HELLOOOOOOOOOO! Long time, no talk?! Wow it sure was good to talk with my family last night on Skype (for the last time!!!). I know I talked a lot about what's new here in Brazil but let me fill everyone else in about this week!

Well this week was pretty crazy. Some pretty sad stuff happened but I'll talk about the good stuff first!

On Monday I went and bought my Whey Protein and some weights so I can start getting into better shape. I've officially cut soda out of my diet and I'm doing good on eating my fruits and veggies every day.

On Wednesday we had a pretty crazy ward activity. We blew up like 100 balloons and threw a little piece of paper in each one with a scripture reference. We divided the ward into three teams: os Lamanitas, o Exército de Helemã, and os Iluminados. On one side of the gym were the teams and they had to send one member hopping to the other side in a potato sack to grab a balloon and when they returned they had to put the balloon on a chair and pop it by sitting on it and then using the scriptures, had to figure out what gospel principle the reference was teaching and then we would confirm it and that is how they gained points. Craziest ward activity I've ever seen. Afterwards, one of the elders made a really good soup, Caldo Verde, for everyone and we had fun chitchatting with the members.

On Friday we had zone conference and the Zone Leaders made the soup again (second time).

On Saturday we had english class and the sisters that help out with the class found out that their lunch got cancelled so we brought them along with us to lunch and to our surprise, Caldo Verde AGAIN (third time).

Saturday night we were supposed to have two baptisms and we were at the chapel with the font full of water, a ton of members waiting, and sitting in white clothes when we got the terrible call from our investigators saying that they didn't want to get baptized anymore. Seriously one of the saddest nights of my life. We still don't know what went wrong but we'll find out soon. Most likely what happened was that when they went around inviting their friends to the baptism (because we made baptismal invites) somebody said something negative about the church. We swung by a member's house afterwards to make some calls to invite people to church and what did the Irmã make us for dinner? CALDO freaking VERDE!!! (fourth time).

On Sunday morning I got a super sad phone call from one of my companions from Águas Claras telling me that one of our recent friends, Fabricio, had passed away that morning. I guess he got a really bad infection and by the time they found out it was too late. Please pray for the members of the Águas Claras ward as well as his dad.

Skype was AWESOME!!!! The time went by way too fast but it was great talking to my family! I had a huge headache afterwards because of the english/portuguese transition. The next time we talk face-to-face will be in the airport!

Love you guys a ton! Please keep up the prayers for me and the people I work with every day! Have a great week! :D

 


No comments:

Post a Comment