Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Our Very Own Path to Palmyra

I swear the weeks are passing by faster and faster as the time goes on. Not a whole lot went down this week. We were busy with visits, baptismal interviews, walking, getting chased by dogs, churrasco and chimarrão; the usual.

I bought a new photo album this week to organize my pictures. Bah looking at pictures from before the mission weirds me out. Not gonna lie, real life seems like a dream to me now. I'm at that point where I've been out for so long that I feel like I've been here my whole life.

I read a really good talk in the Liahona this week, "The Path to Palmyra", which is an extract from a talk that I heard at the MTC. It talks about how the very many trials and hardships that Joseph Smith and his family faced were ways that the Lord was preparing them for the great task of restoring the Gospel. We can learn that we too are often faced with trial and difficulty but we need to know that the Lord has put us on our very own "path to Palmyra" as well and He will help us along our journey so that we can arrive where He wants us to arrive and accomplish what He wants us to accomplish.
https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/06/the-path-to-palmyra?lang=eng

We ran into some other elders from our zone in the center this afternoon while we were going out for lunch so we chilled with them and talked our way into the soccer stadium here in Pelotas so that we could take pictures. 
  


This is the last week of the transfer. Hope all of y'all have a great week! I hope Savannah had a GREAT 19th birthday! Love you all so much!

Elder Sanok

No comments:

Post a Comment