Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I Don't Know About You, but I'm Feelin' 21!!!

Helloooooooooo family and friends!

This is the last time you'll be hearing from the 20-year-old version of Elder Sanok because on Wednesday I'm hittin the big 2-1!! WOO! Kinda crazy how fast this whole year passed, one birthday to another. I remember last year when I had like 8 months in and thinking, "dang, next year when it's my birthday I'll only have 4 months to go. That'll NEVER come." Well, it came! Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes. Means a lot!

Well this week kinda flew. I think this last little slice of my mission is gonna pass right by in a blink of an eye. We were able to meet everyone in our new district and set some great goals.  The work is going good. We are finding lots of new people to teach since we're avoiding the area that we got robbed in. Our biggest difficulty right now is getting people to church. But don't worry, we'll get around it and we'll fill all them benches on Sunday!

So this past week we discovered a LEGIT pizza place in the area and it's kind of become our new obsession. My favorite dish is the mountain of french fries covered in cheddar cheese and bacon #Merica. They also have homemade ice cream and it sure is an addiction. But don't worry, I'm not getting fat. I have it nailed into my head that I can't come home fat so I'm working out every day now and really pushing myself so that I can come home lookin' all Abercrombie model status. 

Speaking of food... Mom and Dad hooked me up today on an INCREDIBLE lunch at Lobão, the famous churrascaria here in Brazil! Holy cowz, I ate like it was my last meal on Earth. It was my second time going and my favorite plate there is still the "Strawberry" which is a filet mignon with yogurt, strawberry steak sauce, and strawberries on top!

Popped some tags today in the center and got some sweet stuff to bring back home! I can't believe how fast the time is going. I can't believe it's already almost September... Just a little big longer of pushing myself and I'll be back poolside in no time....

Until next time,
Elder Sanok

  

No comments:

Post a Comment