Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Attitude Determines Aptitude

Another week down! Bah, it's really rather mind-blowing how fast the end is coming.. Pinheiro is treating me well in terms of teaching but physically I'm dying (hills all day, every day). We have a great group of people that we're working with and we're seeing a lot of progress with these people. I'm working as hard as I possibly can and it really is rewarding! I know that there are people in this area waiting for me and needing something that I have so I can't give up quite yet. 

I read a great talk this week by President Uchtdorf about the marathons in our life and I can really relate it to the stage I'm at in my mission. In any type of race, we always start out super strong with our torch blazing bright but it's not always about how fast you finish the race but about coming across the line strong with that torch still lit. I started out my mission really strong and worked my butt off but then I got to that point where I was exhausted and thought that because I was getting close to the end I could take it a little easy here and there. Fortunately I've been able to have a change in mindset these past few weeks and I've got my torch lit bright - now it's all about bringing all I've got across that finish line!

Although it rained literally every single day this week without stopping, we threw on our rain coats, grabbed our umbrellas, and charged the streets! Like I said, we have a lot of people that are progressing and making big changes in their lives. Unfortunately, due to a lack of gas in the chapel this weekend, we weren't able to heat the baptismal font up for a baptism and the family decided it would be better to postpone for this coming week. Unfortunately, we often get these little hurdles thrown in our way but it's up to us if we're gonna overcome them with a good attitude or not. Whether I liked it or not, it rained this week and there was nothing I could do about it. Instead of moping around in the house all week, we joked about how we would be getting wife points for working in the rain and went out anyways. We could have beat our heads into the wall for having a failed baptism on Saturday but instead we realized it would give us more time to prepare the family and get a good baptismal meeting planned. Attitude determines aptitude. My middle school principal always said, "make it a great day or not, the choice is yours."

Sorry for not taking any pictures this week.. I didn't wanna risk my camera getting destroyed by the rain.

Love you guys!
Just a little more!
Elder Sanok

No comments:

Post a Comment