Saturday, January 25, 2014

Daniel's First PDay


Hi everyone! 
We were in the middle of just some Saturday shopping when we received our first emails from Daniel, on his first P-Day!! We were excited to hear from him and thankful that Target had free WiFi so we could reply to him right away and hear back from him! Here's a little bit from Daniel about his first few days in the Utah MTC: 

I got all your Dear Elder letters but not until last night because we didn't have a mail key yet! Thanks for all those thoughts! 

We're busy at the MTC everyday, going from 6:30 until 9:30 pm everyday, but it sure is interesting! I was excited to find out that every Friday night is Papa Johns night! The food here is good, but it is nice to have some food from outside of the MTC every now and then.

Saturdays are my P-Days while I'm at the MTC. We get to wear normal clothes all day. We're still doing work, but it's a lot more of a relaxing day and it's nice to sit in normal clothes (my jeans and a hoodie). 

The guys in my district are super cool! We all get along great! I got really lucky because we're all good friends. My companion is Elder Gonzalez and he is really cool. The other 3 guys are Elder Lamb, Elder Homer, and Elder Petersen. I'm the only one going to Porto Alegre. They're going to Sao Paulo and my companion is going to Salvador. 

Along with Papa Johns Friday, we now have Pink Tie Day! As we were walking out of our rooms Friday on our way to get breakfast after we got ready, we realized we all had pink ties on, so now we have pink tie day!

The Portuguese is coming along. We started learning it the very first day. I was walking into the classroom and the teacher, Brother Pinnho, was only speaking Portuguese so we all looked like deer in headlights. But I'm doing well with it! I can understand the majority of what he's saying and can speak it semi-well. It's amazing how far we've all come in only 4 days! I love the language!! It was crazy because I was forming sentences so fast and well and was pronouncing things beautifully! The elders in our zone who have been here for a few weeks already speak it almost fluently and said we'll be like that after only about 3 weeks!! We already pray and sing in Portuguese! 

Eu sei que a igreja e verdadeira. Eu sei que o Filho de Deus e Meu Salvador. Eu sei que as familias sao eternas. Eu sei que Deus e Jesus Cristo me amo. Eu sei que a escrituras sao verdadeiras. Eu amo A lgreja de Jesus Cristo Dos Santos Ultimos Dias! Em nome de Jesus Cristo, Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment